What is hand therapy?Hand Therapy is the science of rehabilitating the upper limb, from shoulder to hand.
What does a hand therapist do?Hand therapists evaluate and test the injured limb to assess what treatment is required to restore movement and flow. They design specific treatment programs and work closely with reputable hand surgeons, providing recommendations as required.
What conditions can hand therapy be beneficial for?
- Upper limb overuse injuries, such as De Quervains tenosynovitis, trigger finger and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Finger injuries, including dislocations and fractures e.g. Boxer’s fracture
- Thumb issues, such as arthritis or skier’s thumb
- Wrist and elbow pain, e.g. lateral extensor tendinopathy (tennis elbow)
- Throwing injuries and overuse dysfunctions such as Ulnar collateral ligament injuries (little league elbow)