This is an advanced shoulder rehab exercise which can be completed with a band or cable as we have done here.
1. Set shoulder blade by elevating (small shrug up).
2. The arm rotates back slowly under control using the muscles of the posterior cuff (back of the shoulder).
3. Return to the starting position with the same level of control.
Aim for 2-3 sets up to 20 repetitions for good muscle activation and endurance.
- Don’t let the shoulder blade drop down
- Avoid rushing and losing the technique
- It’s better to control small ranges of motion then increase when ready
- Start light and build resistance, as this exercise is very difficult!
This is a great exercise used at Claremont Football Club in preparation for marking overhead and spoiling after shoulder injury.
Our physios at Claremont have the ability to help tailor your rehab to the equipment next door at the gym. So call us or book in with Dan to get started!