ONE UP WALL LUNGE
Great exercise rarely seen in a traditional gym setting.
Most people will have seen or tried the back foot on the floor or on a bench. This wall variation allows for the back leg to work into extension providing some added stability to the exercise and a different postural challenge!
- Weight is lowered directly down (vertical drop versus any back and forth movement)
- The knee doesn’t translate forward over the toes, so the shin remains relatively upright the whole time
- Ensure the knee stays straight and doesn’t roll in to the middle
- Also focus on keeping a level pelvis (Don’t let the opposite side of the pelvis drop or the trunk flex to the side)
- You will be working your quads, gluteals and trunk muscles with this one!
COMFORTABLE RANGE AND DEPTH ONLY
IF YOU’RE GOING WELL ADD DUMBBELLS IN BOTH HANDS FOR ADDED DIFFICULTY