With less than 2 days to go before the start of the Rottnest Channel Swim, Kaidee is about to embark on her second solo crossing in 3 years (last year she was part of a successful team). We had a chat with her today to find out the key things she’s done this week to put in her best performance on Saturday morning.
- Reduce swim distance in the lead up, today I only did 2km
- Have a rest day from swimming and exercise tomorrow (race day eve)
- Keep well hydrated
- Regularly stretch with some gentle Pilates
- Have had some last minute treatment from physios Anthony and Daniel (I have had some shoulder pain)
- Eat meals high in protein and tomorrow night I’ll have a big bowl of pasta to get a good fix of carbs
- Tomorrow I’ll also get a “flush” massage
Good luck Kaidee!