Revorehab - Vol. 4 Wall lunge
Authored by Daniel Webster.
ONE UP WALL LUNGE
Great exercise rarely seen in a traditional gym setting.
Most people will have seen or tried the back foot on the floor or on a bench. This wall variation allows for the back leg to work into extension providing some added stability to the exercise and a different postural challenge!
- Weight is lowered directly down (vertical drop versus any back and forth movement)
- The knee doesn’t translate forward over the toes, so the shin remains relatively upright the whole time
- Ensure the knee stays straight and doesn’t roll in to the middle
- Also focus on keeping a level pelvis (Don’t let the opposite side of the pelvis drop or the trunk flex to the side)
- You will be working your quads, gluteals and trunk muscles with this one!
COMFORTABLE RANGE AND DEPTH ONLY
IF YOU’RE GOING WELL ADD DUMBBELLS IN BOTH HANDS FOR ADDED DIFFICULTY
Lifecare CottesloeMake a booking