Remedial Massage at Cottesloe
What is remedial massage?
Remedial massage is a natural therapy that focuses on specific pressure and manipulation of the muscular system to promote rehabilitation and relaxation. It eases the pain and discomfort of injuries and strains to allow the body’s natural healing process to work at its best.
What conditions can remedial massage be beneficial for?
- Pain such as chronic shoulder, neck and lower back pain
- Anxiety and depression
- Migraine and other headaches
- Repetitive strain injury
- Hypertension, or high blood pressure
- Chronic disease such as cancer and arthritis
- Sports injuries
- Stress-related conditions
What does a massage therapist do?
A skilled massage therapist will complete a full initial assessment of your body to determine your postural alignment and design a treatment plan to help target your problem areas.
What are the common forms of remedial massage therapy?
- Swedish Massage: suitable for all ages and a good introduction to massage. It incorporates many techniques to help relieve stress and improve general health.
- Remedial Massage: a treatment that incorporates relaxation and soft tissue techniques to alleviate muscle tension. It is best suited for those with general muscle tension and can be used on any part of the body.
- Deep Tissue Massage: this technique focuses on specific body parts that are causing distress, for example neck, shoulder or back pain. Deep Tissue Massage focuses on relieving pain and improving movement.
- Sports Massage: Sports Massage focuses on optimising performance before and after exercise by improving blood circulation and reducing lactic acid build-up to assist with recovery. It incorporates a combination of both Remedial and Deep Tissue Massaging techniques to improve muscle mobility.
- Trigger Point Therapy: Trigger points are small hypersensitive areas located in body tissues such as muscles and fascia. Trigger points are released through direct pressure just like acupressure techniques and is most effective in management of chronic musculoskeletal pain.
- Lymphatic Drainage: this technique is used to improve circulation of the lymphatic system, which is essential for immune function. It can also help with swelling, body detox, and improving overall health immunity. Lymphatic Drainage is a whole-body massage that aims to relax the nervous system and improve the body’s immune system. These techniques stimulate circulation through the lymph vessels which is a major part of the immune system.
Is a referral required?
No referral is required for remedial massage.
Can I claim this service as an extra on my health insurance policy?
A remedial massage may be claimed on private health insurance depending on your level of cover, please check with your private health insurance provider.
Our Remedial Massage team
View the team at Cottesloe
The latest from
Lifecare CottesloeMake a booking