Dr Omer Batin Gozubuyuk
Sports and Exercise Medicine Physician
Specialist Sports and Exercise Medicine Physician
M.D., M.Sc., FACSEP
Dr Omer Batin Gozubuyuk had been working as a Sports and Exercise Physician in Turkey since 2012.
Dr Gozubuyuk will see Workcover and TAC patients, however the patient must pay on the day and claim back via their employer or insurance company themselves. GP referral required. Please call: 03 9725 2444 for all appointments.
He is a strong believer of the exercise therapy as the main therapeutic approach in the majority of musculoskeletal conditions and always enjoys the chance to work with highly skilled Allied Health professionals forming a comprehensive health-care team for professional athletes as well as for recreational active people.
Personal areas of interest include musculoskeletal ultrasound imaging (for diagnostıc purposes, follow-up, patient feedback, therapeutic procedures), biomechanics, myofacial chains, injection therapies such as neural therapy and other new forms of therapies such as high-volume injections for paratendinitis or hydro-dissection of peripheral nerves. He performs musculoskeletal injections almost always under ultrasound guidance, and some examples are: the shoulder joint, knee joint (suprapatellar approach), peri-tendinous, peri-ligamentous or intra-lesional injections (PRP), bursal aspirations, peripheral nerve or facial plane blocks (ilioinguinal, LFCN, saphenous, etc.) and sacroiliac joint injections.
Ömer has an additional M.Sc. degree in Biomedical Engineering from Bogazici University and was part of the academic staff at Istanbul University where he was giving lectures to medical students. He has delıvered many speeches at national and international congresses including World Congress of Sports Medicine by FIMS in 2016 and additionally has a list of publications. He loves teaching in the university and is passionate about doing clinical research. His Research Gate profile is up-to-date (Omer Batin Gozubuyuk).
- Accredited Team Physician of the Turkish Football Federation and a team doctor for junior national teams since 2012.
- National Anti-doping Agency of Turkey as a doping control officer since 2012.
- Başakşehir Football Club (League A) 2013- 2017 for four consecutive seasons as the team physician.
Ömer is passionate to always learn and further develop his skills, leading him to recently undertake some additional courses.
– Diagnostic Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Education Certificate, Euro-Musculus 2015.
– Clinical Neuraltherapy, NT Association and Integrative Medicine Association of Turkey 2016.
– Interventional Ultrasound, Lumbosacral Injections Course Certificate, Euro-Musculus 2017
– Advanced Team Physician Course, International Olympic Committee 2017.