Telehealth: What is it?
Authored by Courtney Lethridge - Physiotherapist.
Telehealth is a video-calling service where you can communicate with your physiotherapist, and receive advice, education, and exercises to aid your musculoskeletal issues. Majority of our current services, including Clinical Exercise, can be offered through our Telehealth program.
Everyone can access our Telehealth Services from the safety and comfort of their own home. However, the Federal Government and Private Health Organisations have released the following information regarding rebates for this service:
- Medicare Rebates may apply for up to 5 Allied Health sessions, with a valid referral for a GP Management Plan for a chronic condition
- Private Health Rebates for Telehealth may be accessible from 14th April 2020 for
- Patients who have seen their physiotherapist in the past 6 months; or
- Patients who have a referral from their GP for any of the following conditions:
- Post orthopaedic surgery rehabilitation
- Chronic musculoskeletal conditions (eg Osteoarthritis)
- Cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation
- Pelvic floor muscle training
If you would like to book a Telehealth consultation with a physiotherapist, please call 9335 7733 for all bookings and queries.