Authored by Laura Cruz - Physiotherapist.
What are the symptoms?
- Pain generally felt at the inner part of the shin bone. This may also be in the outer side of the shin bone, in the shin and/or calf muscles
- The pain will usually worsen during or after physical activity
- Gradual onset over a period of time
What are the causes of shin splints?
- Inappropriate or recent changes in footwear
- Tight calf muscles
- Decreased movement in the ankle
- Poor lower limb mechanics
- A sudden increase in training load
Please contact us on 9301 4711 if you would like to book an appointment or find out more information.
Lifecare JoondalupMake a booking
Day Hours open
Monday 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Tuesday 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Wednesday 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Thursday 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Friday 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am - 12:00 pm