Authored by Laura Cruz - Physiotherapist.
It is important to stay fit throughout training and here are some tips to ensure this:
- Gradual increases in training are easier on the body
- Supportive cushioning shoes and correct equipment can help people go the distance
- Stretching/foam rolling and warm up helps prevent injury
- Cooling down is also important!
- Know the difference between Delayed Onset of Muscle Soreness (DOMS) and a soft tissue injury
If you do get injured, apply RICE and not HARM
RICE: Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation
HARM: Heat, Alcohol, Running, Massage
Get seen to if you think you might be injured to help speed up your recovery and rule out anything serious
Please contact us on 9301 4711 if you would like to book an appointment or find out more information.
Lifecare JoondalupMake a booking