What is exercise physiology?Exercise Physiology is the practise of using exercise as medicine to improve health and wellbeing. It offers a supportive environment with one-on-one supervision, so you can achieve your health goals faster and decrease your risk of injury.
What conditions can exercise physiology be beneficial for?
- When you’re returning to exercise or recovering from an injury and would prefer more supervision to help with correct exercise technique
- Cardiovascular diseases, including coronary artery disease, hypertension or chronic heart failure
- Respiratory diseases, such as asthma, COPD or cystic fibrosis
- Neurological diseases, including stroke, cerebral palsy, acquired brain injury, spinal cord injury, multiple sclerosis or Parkinson’s
- Metabolic diseases such as diabetes, dyslipidaemia or obesity
- Musculoskeletal injuries and illnesses including arthritis, osteoporosis or traumatic injuries
- Other illnesses including cancer, depression and more