Strength and Conditioning at Northern Sports Physiotherapy Clinic
What is Strength and Conditioning?
Strength and Conditioning is more than lifting weights – it encompasses the entire physical development of the athlete and what is required to allow them to be the best physical version of themselves. This service includes a range of exercises to develop qualities such as mobility, stability, strength, power, speed and overall performance. Additionally, strength and conditioning programs play a vital role in injury prevention and injury rehabilitation.
What makes Strength and Conditioning different?
Strength and conditioning coaches are university-educated professionals with a great understanding of human movement, proper mechanics and the ability to deliver exercise programs that develop and enhance various physiological qualities. Additionally, strength and conditioning plays a pivotal role in the multidisciplinary approach when clients are returning to activity post injury, utilising functional movements.
Who can benefit from Strength and Conditioning?
• General population wishing to improve certain fitness goals.
• Athletic population aiming to improve sport specific performance.
• Rehabilitation of injuries.
• Long term athletic development in the youth population.
What are some of the benefits?
• Strength training boosts dopamine, norepinephrine and serotonin, making it a natural antidepressant.
• A stronger trunk results in better posture.
• 60% of people who weight train get an average of 7 hours or more of sleep per night.
• Weight training lowers bad cholesterol and blood pressure.
• Increased metabolism means you burn more calories when your body is resting.
• Adding just 2 weight training sessions a week can reduce body fat by 7%.
• With better muscle coordination overall body mechanics are improved.
• Exercising increases the production of cells that are responsible for learning and memory.
Is a referral required?
A referral is not required for strength and conditioning.
The latest from
Northern Sports Physiotherapy Clinic
Northern Sports Physiotherapy ClinicMake a booking