What is Telehealth?
- In this crazy world of social distancing and isolation, we understand that you may be unable or unwilling to attend a face to face appointment with you physio. So, we’re bringing physiotherapy to you via your computer or phone!
- Telehealth allows the health practitioner (your physio) to video call the patient (you!) and conduct a full assessment, provide advice on the condition and prescribe an individualised rehabilitation program
- Telehealth has been used for years, predominantly in rural communities where access to doctors, physios and other medical staff is limited.
- Research has shown that Telehealth can be just as effective as face to face consults!
How Does Telehealth Work?
- You can book your telehealth appointment by calling our clinic or by booking online
- Our physios use a specialist physiotherapy telehealth program called Physitrack
- The physio will send you an email with information prior to the call, including a link to the Physitrack website and a personalised code
- 10 minutes prior to the appointment time, please follow the link or download the app (Physiapp), enter the code and wait online for your physio to call you through Physitrack
- Please ensure your device is charged and you have enough room to stand 2m away from your device and swing your arms and touch your toes!
- If you are having any problems setting it up feel free to give us a call and we can help you out. You are welcome to have a tech-savvy family member present to assist if required.
- The video call is encrypted for privacy and completely confidential.
How much does it cost?
- Telehealth appointments are of the same duration as our normal appointments but at a reduced price
- Private Health Rebates apply from April 14th 2020 if
- You’ve attended our practice for the same injury in the last 6 months OR
- If you have a referral from a GP, surgeon or specialist for post-surgical rehabilitation, a chronic musculoskeletal condition, cardio/respiratory rehab or pelvic floor training
- Medicare CDM/EPC plans and DVA patients (with a valid referral) are bulk billed
- Worker’s Compensation and Motor Vehicle Accident injuries are subject to approval
- As with everything else at the moment, prices are subject to change!
If you have any questions regarding Telehealth please give us a call on 9434 3660. We are open from 7am – 7pm Monday to Friday and 8am – 12pm Saturday for face to face and Telehealth consults.