Assoc. Prof. Julien Freitag
Specialist Sport & Exercise Medicine Physician
MBBS, BMS, FACSEP
Assoc. Prof. Julien Freitag is an experienced musculoskeletal specialist and is a Fellow of the Australasian College of Sport and Exercise Physicians.
His practice is focused on the active management of musculoskeletal conditions including osteoarthritis and tendinopathy.
Assoc. Prof. Freitag is an authority in the area of clinical regenerative musuloskeletal medicine including techniques such as Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), Extracorporeal ShockWave Therapy and Mesenchymal Stem Cell (MSC) therapy. He has published numerous international articles in the area of regenerative medicine and is a frequent contributor and invited speak to local and international conferences. Assoc. Prof. Freitag is the Principle Clinical Investigator in a number of world leading research projects assessing the benefits of stem cell therapy in arthritis.
Assoc. Prof. Freitag has worked extensively within professional sport. His past roles have included that of club doctor at both VFL and AFL level, the Tour Down Under doping commissionaire and as the race doctor at a number of Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) World Cup events.
Professional and Board Membership
- Fellow of the Australasian College of Sport and Exercise Physicians
- International Cartilage Repair Society
- International Society of Cellular Therapy
- Australasian Society of Stem Cell Research
- International Journal of Bone and Rheumatology Research – Editorial Board Member
Education and Training
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery : Melbourne University
- Bachelor of Medical Science : Melbourne University
- Australasian College of Sport and Exercise Physicians Fellowship
Adjunct Associate Professor of Biomedical Science – School of Biomedical Science, Charles Sturt University
Services offered by Assoc. Prof. Julien Freitag
Book an appointment at Prahran Sports MedicineMake a booking
The latest from
Prahran Sports Medicine
Prahran Sports MedicineMake a booking