Advanced Sports Performance Dietitian
Helen is an Advanced Sports Dietitian and Nutrition Therapist with over 12 years of experience blending advanced sports/rehab nutrition science with a practical and simple approach to nutrition counselling.
With her collaborative style, individuals are guided through the knowledge , application and behaviour change process around eating and choices aimed at:
– Improving energy levels
– Optimise body composition (increase lean mass and manage healthful body fat levels)
– Heal and rehabilitate post-surgery or through injury eg. Bone injury, ACL surgery
– Enhance ongoing physical and mental wellness.
In addition to her High Performance Nutrition skillset, Helen’s areas of nutrition experience include:
– Eating Disorders and disordered eating in elite athletes – experience spanning multiple sports including Gymnastics, Performance arts, Swimming, Football (Soccer) , AFL and Cricket. She has particular experience in assisting males navigate eating challenges in high pressure environments.
– Emerging nutrition strategies aimed at healing musculoskeletal injuries, improving bone health as well as the holistic role of nutrition in concussive injury rehabilitation.
She is the current Senior Sports Performance Dietitian leading the high performance nutrition program at Cricket Victoria, The Melbourne Stars & Melbourne Renegades BBL/WBBL teams. Other experiences include 9 seasons with the VFL Sandringham Zebras, servicing the inaugural intakes of the AFLW Academy 2017-2019 , leading the National male AFL Academy 2016-2019 and consulting during the inaugural year of the A-League Western United Football Club. She has also been contributing to the AFL Saints Next Generation Academy since 2018.
Qualifications & Further Training:
- CBT-E Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Eating Disorders (The Victorian Centre of Excellence in Eating Disorders)
- Russ Harris – ACT as a Brief Intervention
- Inside Out – Dietitian Essentials: Treatment of Eating Disorders
- Russ Harris 2-Day Training : Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Sports Dietitians Australia : Eating Disorders in Sport – Training for Sports Dietitians
- IOC Diploma of Sports Nutrition
- Bachelor of Nutrition & Dietetics
For all appointment please call the clinic on 9529 8899.