APA Titled Sports & Exercise Physiotherapist, Clinical Exercise/Pilates Instructor
Megan has worked in sports medicine practices in Melbourne and London since graduating from Melbourne University in 1998 with honours in a Bachelor of Physiotherapy, gaining international experience in the assessment and treatment of musculoskeletal and sporting injuries.
Megan completed a Master of Sports Physiotherapy in 2005 and has worked for Lifecare at both Prahran and Prahran Market locations since this time.
Megan has worked with a range of athletes and sporting teams, both recreational and elite. These include:
- Australian Pearls Basketball Team, European Championships, Warsaw
- Corporate Games: Soccer and Netball, Melbourne
- World Masters Games: Rugby Union and Touch Rugby, Melbourne
- Australian Netball Team and Kangaroo’s AFL Team (2005)
- Team Melbourne in the Southern and National University Games (2002-2006)
- Australian Women’s Basketball Team, World University Games, Bangkok
- Isle of Mann cycling, swimming and gymnastics teams, Commonwealth Games in Melbourne (2006)
- Melbourne Phoenix Netball Club
- Carey Grammar Football Club (2004 – ongoing)
- APS Representative AFL Team (2017)
Megan has a particular interest in sporting injuries, lower limb injuries, post-surgical rehabilitation, dry needling and pilates. She is also interested in the role that exercise plays in the treatment and prevention of injuries.
She believes in a hands-on approach to assessment and treatment, with a strong emphasis on patient involvement and education.
Megan has further training in Clinical Pilates and provides 1:1 assessments as well as small group Clinical Pilates classes with individually tailored programs at Lifecare Prahran Market.
Megan has been a member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association and Sports Physiotherapy Association. She currently plays netball and enjoys keeping fit with running, swimming and cycling.