What is Sports and Exercise Physiotherapy?Sports and Exercise Physiotherapists can work with you to maintain or restore your optimal level of function and performance, using their knowledge of injury prevention, specific rehabilitation, strength and conditioning, and load management. Sports and Exercise Physiotherapists have significant experience working with athletes of all abilities, from those new to exercise, to ‘weekend warriors’ and elite athletes.
When should I see a Sports and Exercise Physiotherapist?Sports and Exercise Physiotherapists have expertise in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of many common (and uncommon) sports medicine conditions, including:
- Muscle strains including hamstring and calf strains
- Tendinopathies including Achilles tendinopathy, gluteal tendinopathy, rotator cuff tendinopathy, “tennis elbow” and “golfers’ elbow”
- Joint injuries, such as shoulder joint injuries, knee, hip and ankle pain
- Spinal conditions, including low back pain, stress fractures, disc and facet joint injuries
- Education and strategies for management of chronic pain conditions