Sports and Exercise Physiotherapy at Wembley
What is Sports and Exercise Physiotherapy?
Sports and Exercise Physiotherapists can work with you to maintain or restore your optimal level of function and performance, using their knowledge of injury prevention, specific rehabilitation, strength and conditioning, and load management.
Sports and Exercise Physiotherapists have significant experience working with athletes of all abilities, from those new to exercise, to ‘weekend warriors’ and elite athletes.
When should I see a Sports and Exercise Physiotherapist?
Sports and Exercise Physiotherapists have expertise in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of many common (and uncommon) sports medicine conditions, including:
- Muscle strains including hamstring and calf strains
- Tendinopathies including Achilles tendinopathy, gluteal tendinopathy, rotator cuff tendinopathy, “tennis elbow” and “golfers’ elbow”
- Joint injuries, such as shoulder joint injuries, knee, hip and ankle pain
- Spinal conditions, including low back pain, stress fractures, disc and facet joint injuries
- Education and strategies for management of chronic pain conditions
Sports and Exercise Physiotherapists are best equipped to assist athletes achieve optimal performance through planning and periodisation across the sporting season.
Is a GP referral required?
No GP referral is required to see a Sports and Exercise Physiotherapist.
Can I claim this service on extras on my health insurance?
Sports and exercise physiotherapy sessions may be claimed on private health insurance depending on your level of cover – please check with your private health insurance provider.
Our Sports and Exercise Physiotherapy team
View the team at Wembley
The latest from
Lifecare Physio Wembley
Lifecare Physio WembleyMake a booking