WHAT IS IT?
Cervical headaches are one of the types of headaches people experience and between 15-20% of all headaches are thought be cervical in origin.
WHY A PAIN IN THE NECK?
Nerves that supply much of the scalp, forehead and base of the skull also supply the joints and tissues of the upper neck Therefore: a problem in the upper neck = a headache
WHAT DO I LOOK FOR?
· Limitations in neck movement.
· Tenderness and stiffness around the neck.
· Headache in the base of the neck, base of the skull or frontal head region.
WHAT CAUSES IT?
· Muscle tension in the neck head and jaw region
· Poor posture especially when working at a desk.
· Trauma such as a car accident.
· Poor sleeping position.
WHEN DO I SEE SOMEONE FOR HELP?
Your LifeCare Practitioner will be able to provide an accurate diagnosis and an appropriate management plan.
FOR MORE INFORMATION see your local Lifecare Practitioner.
Click here to find your closest LifeCare clinic