WHAT IS IT?
This condition refers to degeneration of the hip joint surfaces and often a loss of space between the hip and pelvic bones.
WHAT DO I LOOK FOR?
· Pain and tenderness to touch in the pubic, groin, inner thigh, buttock or lower abdominal region.
· Reduction in the range of movement in the hip. Weakness in the surrounding hip muscles.
· Pain with walking and may lead to a limp.
· History of a previous hip injury/pathology
WHAT CAUSES IT?
· General wear and tear to the joint with use over the years
· Previous injury to the hip
WHEN DO I SEE SOMEONE FOR HELP?
Your LifeCare Practitioner will be able to provide an accurate diagnosis and an appropriate management plan.
Often this problem can require a Sports Medicine Doctor, Physiotherapist, and/or Podiatrist to assist.
FOR MORE INFORMATION see your local LifeCare Practitioner.
Click here to find your closest LifeCare clinic.