Exercise is the single best thing you can do for your health!
Most of us know exercise is important when we are younger, but what about as we get older.
Research shows that Exercises is equally important at all ages.
The benefits include:
· Reduces the risk of developing dementia (significantly more so than 'mental activity' such as crosswords or Sudoku).
· Improves balance and bone mineral density, reducing the risk of fractures.
· Reduces the risk of falls and injuries from falls such as fractured hips and other bones.
· Helps reduce blood pressure
· Reduces your risk of heart disease
· Helps to control chronic pain, including arthritis
· Maintains mobility and delays the requirements of a walking aid as we age.
· Maintains muscle strength for daily tasks
· Helps manage stress, improves mood and helps manage feelings of depression.
· Helps to regulate sleep.
Remember, appropriate exercise is safe for people of all ages and with all types of health problems. It should however, be tailored to the individual and specifically designed with specific objectives and goals in mind. Physiotherapists are trained health professionals which can provide an individualised program for your requirements.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION see your local LifeCare Practitioner.
Click here to find your closest LifeCare clinic.