Lifecare Prahran Sports Medicine: Here to Support Your Needs Through COVID-19
Authored by Assoc. Prof. Jane Rooney (Specialist Sports & Exercise Physiotherapist, Titled Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist).
As an essential service, Lifecare Prahran Sports Medicine is here to support you throughout this difficult time. Whether you are an existing client or looking for help from one of our many highly-skilled clinicians, we are regularly reviewing and implementing the latest health advice to ensure your safety whilst you receive the healthcare you need.
We are open!
- All of our clinicians have been deemed essential services by the federal government. Our Sport & Exercise Physicians, Physiotherapists, Hand Therapists, Podiatrists, Dietician and Myotherapist are available for face-to-face appointments as well as via telehealth.
- If you require a face-to-face consult or manual treatment and your usual therapist is unavailable, we have numerous highly skilled specialists to continue your care.
- Due to the ongoing societal changes, common consults at this present time include; facilitating recovery from orthopaedic procedures, musculoskeletal complaints including spinal pain and running injuries, assisting with home office setups and converting gym rehabilitation programs to home-based exercises.
- Unfortunately accidents still happen, we are continuing to work with TAC and Workcover clients to optimise their recovery.
- Due to the importance of social distancing, we are also encouraging clients to engage with us via telehealth, particularly those deemed at higher-risk.
Increased precautions for you
- All of our staff have completed infection control training regarding COVID-19 as provided by the Department of Health.
- We have in place a response system in the case any staff member experiences coronavirus-like symptoms at any stage.
- We have in place a screening system to ensure patients do not have any coronavirus-like symptoms before attending.
- Our reception area has been set up with floor-markers and hand sanitiser to ensure appropriate social distancing and hygiene on arrival at the clinic.
- Our receptionists are also taking the temperature of every staff member before they start work, as well as every client attending the clinic.
- Our waiting room has been arranged so as to ensure there is no more than one person for every 4 square metres.
- We are currently not using linen on our treatment beds. This has been substituted with single-use paper which is changed after every patient. All our rooms have hand-sanitiser for clinician and patient use.
- After every patient our clinicians are using hospital-grade anti-viral cleaning solution to clean all treatment surfaces.
- Our clinical rehabilitation space is 110 square metres. We have taken the extra precaution of limiting occupancy to 10 people at any one time so we more than adequately meet our social distancing requirements.
- We require all clinicians and patients to use hand sanitiser before entering and leaving our clinical rehabilitation space. We have also implemented additional cleaning of the equipment with hospital-grade anti-viral cleaning solution after use.
- Telehealth is a means by which health and medical services can be provided through the use of telecommunication technologies such as Zoom, Skype and Physitrak.
- Despite this recent surge in awareness, it has actually been a part of expert medical care for over 10 years.
- All of our clinicians are available to perform Telehealth consultations for both initial and review appointments.
- Medicare rebates are available for appointments with
- Sport and Exercise Medicine Physicians – increased rebate with a referral
- Sport and Exercise Medicine Registrars – no referral required for rebate
- Allied Health Practitioners – with a Chronic Disease Management Plan from their GP
- Workcover and DVA clients may access appointments with Allied Health Practitioners
- Private health insurance rebates may be available through some funds for appointments with Allied Health Practitioners – we recommend contacting your insurer for further information
- For more information on Telehealth, click here
- For more information on setting up your workplace at home, click here