What is hydrotherapy?Hydrotherapy is physiotherapy in warm water. The buoyancy and warmth of the water allows for freer movement than on land, so you can exercise with ease for health, rehabilitation, and wellbeing without placing additional pressure on your joints.
What conditions is hydrotherapy beneficial for?
- Arthritis sufferers can benefit from the increased freedom of movement, as well as the heat and support provided by warm water. Arthritic joints need movement, and hydrotherapy provides movement without pain to improve the short-term and long-term effects of arthritic joints.
- Pregnancy can cause back pain due to changes in weight and posture. Hydrotherapy helps to strengthen the core, lower back, and abdominal muscles to minimise the likelihood of pain during and after pregnancy.
- For chronic or persistent pain, hydrotherapy helps to strengthen the muscles surrounding the painful or injured part of the body, leading to a quicker recovery or reduced risk of recurrence.
- Those with injuries to muscles, ligaments or bones.
- Those returning to exercise or work after injury.