Paediatric Physiotherapy at Leichhardt
What is Paediatric Physiotherapy?
Paediatric Physiotherapists are specialised physiotherapists that focus on paediatric and adolescent development and injury management.
What conditions can paediatric physiotherapy assist with?
Conditions that Paediatric Physiotherapists typically manage include:
- Plagiocephaly: development of a flat spot on a baby’s head
- Torticollis: when a baby only turns their head in one direction
- Developmental delay: slow development of normal milestones which may include; not sitting independently by nine months, not crawling or standing by 12 months or not walking by 18 months of age
- Adolescent injuries and conditions: such as Sever’s (heel pain), Osgood Schlatters (knee pain), Scheuermann’s, developmental hip conditions such as dysplasia, back pain, “growing pains”, recovery after fracture, acute injuries such as ligament sprains or muscle strains.
- Adolescent motor development: difficulty keeping up with other children their age, reduced fitness or motor skills.
Is a GP referral required?
No GP referral is required to see a Paediatric Physiotherapist.
Can I claim this service on extras on my health insurance?
Paediatric physiotherapy sessions may be claimed on private health insurance depending on your level of cover – please check with your private health insurance provider.
The latest from
Leichhardt Sports Physiotherapy
Leichhardt Sports PhysiotherapyMake a booking