Osteoarthritis of the knee
Authored by Laura Cruz - Physiotherapist.
What do I look for?
- Pain and tenderness to touch in the knee region
- Swelling worsening with activity or at the end of the day
- Reduction in the range of movement in the knee
- Weakness and/or imbalances in the knee muscles
- Pain with walking, squatting, kneeling and /or stairs
What causes it?
- Age and general use of the knee
- Previous injury to the joint
Is there anything I can do to prevent it?
Sometimes the development of arthritis is inevitable as it is closely linked with age. However, there is evidence nowadays to show that under-active and sedentary people are more likely to get arthritis. So make sure you exercise within your limits and always keep moving!
Please contact us on 9301 4711 if you would like to book an appointment or find out more information.
Lifecare JoondalupMake a booking