Tis' the season
Authored by Laura Cruz - Physiotherapist.
What can I do to avoid back pain during the holidays?
- Try and keep up with your usual exercise to avoid a huge drop in activity levels
- If you don’t regularly exercise, think about starting in the New Year. Exercise and keeping active is important to reduce the risk of back pain
- If you need to do lots of shopping for Christmas, try not to do too much in one go. Pace yourself
- If you’re out and about in the shops make sure you are lifting heavy items with the correct technique. Ask for help if you need it!
What should I do if I hurt my back?
- Try and avoid bed rest as this has been shown to cause muscle loss, weakness and reduced range of movement
See a physiotherapist too ensure you are seeking the right treatment
See a pharmacist if you need to take analgesics
Please contact us on 9301 4711 if you would like to book an appointment or find out more information.
Lifecare JoondalupMake a booking
Day Hours open
Monday 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Tuesday 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Wednesday 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Thursday 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Friday 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am - 12:00 pm