Doctor of Physiotherapy (University of Melbourne)
Master of Podiatry Practice (La Trobe University)
Bachelor of Health Sciences (La Trobe University)
Matt joins the team at Lifecare La Trobe after working in private practices and orthopaedics in the local area and is still currently working with La Trobe University on a number of projects at the Sports and Exercise Medicine Research Centre and teaches across a number of faculties.
During his time, he has worked with a number of sporting teams/sporting events including:
- Physiotherapist/Podiatrist with the Northern Knights Football Club in 2020
- Physiotherapist/Podiatrist with the Medical Team for the ARAFURA Games in 2019
- Physiotherapist/Podiatrist with the Medical Team for the AFL International Cup in 2017
- Podiatrist with the Medical Team at Oxfam Trail Walker in 2014
- Sports Trainer with the Ivanhoe Amateurs Football Club in 2013
Matt has an interest in the benefits of Strength and Conditioning for everyone, from athletes to beginners. Matt has completed Strength and Conditioning courses from the Australian Strength and Conditioning Association (ASCA) and PhysioSports Brighton, these skills are used to help individuals to achieve their sporting and performance goals.
Matt is also a qualified Podiatrist, having completed graduated a Bachelor of Health Science and Master of Podiatry Practice from La Trobe University. Matt has a keen interest in lower limb injuries and rehabilitation, as well as musculoskeletal and sports injuries, and uses skills developed from both Physiotherapy and Podiatry to help individuals achieve their goals.
Matt also has extensive experience in hip and knee osteoarthritis, having lectured on many courses and conferences nationally and internationally, and worked closely with orthopaedic surgeons in the orthopaedic department at Warringal Hospital. Together with Tim Wilson and Rhiarna Hill, Matt provides the GLA:D Australia Program, an evidence-based education and individualised exercise program for hip and knee osteoarthritis.
Current Research Projects/Positions at La Trobe Sports and Exercise Medicine Research Centre:
- Project Manager of the GLA:D Australia for hip and/or knee osteoarthritis
- Research Assistant investigating the effectiveness of a beginner start to run program
- Professional Development Consultant
Current teaching positions at La Trobe University:
- Casual Academic for the Physiotherapy Dept
- Casual Academic for the Podiatry Dept
- Australian Physiotherapy Association – Professional Member
- Sports Medicine Australia – Professional Member
- GLA:D Australia – Accredited Course Trainer
Services offered by Matt Francis
Book an appointment at Lifecare La-TrobeMake a booking
Lifecare La-TrobeMake a booking