Physiotherapist Led Bike Fitting at Prendiville
To answer this need, we look at the rider’s technique and the strength of major muscle groups to create a riding position that ensures maximum power is transferred through the pedals without pain or discomfort.
The process of a bike fit looks at individual needs and takes into consideration all cycling aspects to achieve a fit that performs to your potential. A physiotherapist's framework ensures the process will be tailored to you and gives you the confidence to train and improve without risk of overuse injury.
Whether you’ve purchased a new bike, in need of a tune up, or have a current injury—a bicycle fitting led by a physiotherapist will benefit you and your ride.
At Prendiville, our bike fittings are carried out by Brad Brown, a qualified Physiotherapist and professional bicycle mechanic. He incorporates comprehensive cycling knowledge with a thorough understanding of the musculoskeletal system.
We offer three packages:
Physiotherapy + Bicycle Fitting Package: $320 (Valued at $370) for new patients
(allow 2 hours for the initial assessment and fitting and 40 minutes for the follow-up assessment)
- 1x Initial Physiotherapy Assessment
- 1x Comprehensive Bicycle Fitting
- 1x Follow-up Assessment / Bicycle Adjust
Comprehensive Bicycle Fitting: $200 for new patients
(allow 1.5-2 hours for completion)
- Detailed musculoskeletal injury screening
- Full anatomical analysis of current range of motion and strengths
- Assessment of cycling technique for control and power
- Shoe and cleat assessment and re-set
- Whole body static and dynamic bike fit
- Accessories swapping or replacement as required
- Recommend trial periods and follow up consultations as required (not included)
Standard Bicycle Fitting: $130 for new patients
(allow 1 hour for completion)
- Adjustments to seat height and anatomical position
- Adjustments to handlebar position to suit required posture
- Shoe and cleat adjustments
- Accessory swapping or replacement as required (parts not supplied)
- Dynamic observation of cycling technique with appropriate advice
What do I need to bring?
Don't forget to bring your bicycle, usual cycling wear, shoes, helmet, and any other accessories used in your initial appointment.
Is a GP referral required?
No GP referral is required to see a physio for a bike fitting.
Can I claim this service as an extra on my health insurance policy?
Physio sessions may be claimed on private health insurance depending on your level of cover, please check with your private health insurance provider.
Our Physiotherapist Led Bike Fitting team
View the team at Prendiville
The latest from
Lifecare PrendivilleMake a booking