What is it?
This condition refers to degeneration of the hip joint surfaces and often a loss of space between the hip and pelvic bones.
What do I look for?
- Pain and tenderness to touch in the pubic, groin, inner thigh, buttock or lower abdominal region.
- Reduction in the range of movement in the hip. Weakness in the surrounding hip muscles.
- Pain with walking and may lead to a limp.
- History of a previous hip injury/pathology
What causes it?
- General wear and tear to the joint with use over the years
- Previous injury to the hip
When do I see someone for help?
Your Lifecare practitioner will be able to provide an accurate diagnosis and an appropriate management plan.
Often this problem can require a sports medicine doctor, physiotherapist, and/or podiatrist to assist.
For more information, see your local Lifecare practitioner. Click here to find your closest Lifecare clinic.