Most people are unaware that specialist physiotherapists can treat these problems, often helping to avoid surgery.
Pregnancy is a time of extreme change and stress in a woman’s body.
As the baby grows, the extra weight combined with pregnancy hormones and postural changes, places additional strain on the joints and muscles.
At many Lifecare practices, we have specially trained physiotherapists who can help with women’s health, continence and pregnancy-related issues such as:
- Bladder or bowel incontinence
- Having to go to the toilet very frequently or very urgently
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Pelvic pain and pain with intercourse
- Optimising pelvic floor muscle function before and/or after surgery, e.g. hysterectomy, prostatectomy
- Pregnancy-related pelvic girdle pain or low back pain
- Rectus abdominis diastasis (abdominal muscle separation)
We all want to keep fit and healthy, however if you have pelvic floor muscle dysfunction or are at risk of it, such as those women who are in the postnatal period or have gone through menopause, then not all exercise that is offered at the gym or with a PT is suitable for you.
Lifecare offers many safe fitness alternatives such as: