What is early intervention?Early Intervention in the work place is identifying and reacting quickly to incidents or potential incidents that could lead to a worker taking time off work due to an injury or illness.
What are the benefits of early intervention?Early identification of signs that could lead to ill-health or injury will help maintain a healthy and functioning work force. Early Intervention is becoming an increasingly common component of employee management amongst proactive, forward-thinking companies. An early response to pain or injury can prevent a worker taking time off and submitting a workers’ compensation claim.
What can you expect from our early intervention program?Our Early Intervention Program is a physiotherapy program which has two main aims:
- To prevent small pains or injuries developing into larger, more chronic issues, which impact work performance and lead to time off work;
- To facilitate a prompt and effective return to work, or full duties, when an injury has occurred.
- Reduce, and in some cases eliminate, workers’ compensation claims, with subsequent reduction in insurance premiums
- Reduce LTIs (Lost Time Injuries), and costs associated with lost productivity, recruitment, and training replacement staff.
- Improving employee satisfaction and morale, with management showing a commitment to employee well-being
- Improving management involvement in the injury management process
- Reducing stress and adverse effects on co-workers due to an injured colleague
- Preventing long-term absence and the likelihood of chronic disability.