What is Sports Medicine?Sports Medicine can be one of the most effective treatments of any muscles, joints, ligaments, and tendon related injuries.
What can Sports Doctors help with?
- Diagnosis and non-surgical management of exercise and physical activity related musculoskeletal injuries and trauma
- Biomechanical analysis of sporting techniques
- Treating head injuries and concussion associated with sport and optimising a safe return to play
- Diagnosis, management, and exercise prescription for patients with medical conditions such as epilepsy, diabetes and pre-diabetes, obesity, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis or cardiac conditions
- Developing personalised programs for wheelchair and physically-challenged people who exercise, including the Elite Athlete with a Disability (EAD)